In keeping with recommendations for both schools and childcare centers, the Don Bosco Center will do everything it can to keep participants and staff safe throughout this pandemic. Therefore, in addition to the safe at work policies mandated by the Catholic diocese of Lexington, all staff and participants in the Academic Enrichment program must adhere to the following guidelines:
- All participants will be required to sign a waiver of liability concerning Covid-19.
- All participants and staff will be required to wear a mask whenever social distancing of at least 6 feet is not possible.
- Classrooms will be limited to no more than 10 participants and one staff person, with as little interaction between classrooms as possible.
- Participants will be screened for Covid-19 symptoms upon arrival each day. Participants who show symptoms of Covid-19 will be asked to make other arrangements until they can be tested for Covid-19.
- Students who test positive for Covid-19 will not be allowed to participate in the program until given clearance by the Health Department.
- If a participant has been diagnosed with Covid-19, we will seek guidance from the Health Department and follow their recommendations. This may include a temporary halt of in-person programming.
Our program seeks to be as flexible as possible during this time. Other arrangements for participation in the program, even if a young person cannot physically be present because of the pandemic, can and will be made upon consultation between parents, teachers, and the director. We have a variety of alternatives available for us, including options for those students without access to the internet or a computer, and it is our highest priority to see every young person given the help they need to thrive, regardless of their situation.
These guidelines are not exhaustive and The Don Bosco Center will continue to evaluate and update these guidelines as recommendations change and more information becomes available to us.